Friday, April 8, 2011

Dead or Alive ?

I'm staring at this inverted reflection,
drowning in my vague rejection.
This girl I see is with a messed up head,
is she alive, is she dead?

Is she gonna make it? Will she ever break free?
Is she gonna be Okay? Do you see that she was me?
She was me till I changed, until I vanished.
I was replaced by broken promises, consumed by poignant fears.

I'm looking at her standing there, her emotionless eyes portraying tragedy.
She’s smiling but I know she's dieing, captivated by this madness.
Look at all the tears she's shed,
is she alive or is she dead?

She’s fighting herself, fighting to live her life
she’s weak, she's strong, she's a woman, she's a girl.
All the things she never said,
is she alive or is she dead?

She's been standing at that mirror, that alternate reality,
standing for so long, see's things the world will never see.
Just look at all the blood she's bled.
Is she alive or is she dead?

Her imaginary wounds are bleeding more heavily,
She's looking at her hateful reflection
Understanding that you'll never know, you'll always be kept in the dark.
She goes to sleep while wide awake, and breathes with no breath left.
So tell me now, my imaginary self is she alive, or is she dead?

- Aparajitha Rajagopalan

1 comment: